Friday, June 17, 2011

money money money




I cannot believe I am actually sitting on my balcony right now, sipping hot tea while simultaneously staring out upon the French Riviera. My time in Juan Les Pins, France so far has been the most energizing, fun-filled, crazy, and somewhat weird experience. Let me elaborate. I have not stopped since I have gotten here. I have made my way to Antibes (twice!), Nice, Cannes, and of course staying in Juan Les Pins. I like to relate each city in France to a city in America because duh I'm from "the states." My favorite city in France so far is Antibes because it has an antique market, an an outstanding bakery (chocolate croissants heck yeah), and it's only 20 minutes away! I would compare this city to Athens because it has very unique attributes but somehow they all manage to work together and produce a "feel good" vibe. The next city is Nice which I would compare to New York City=very metropolitan! Reasoning behind this? It has a McDonald's (copy cat!), H&M, and a little beach (hello Hamptons!) Now Cannes on the other hand is more swankola (not a word but definitely needed to describe the city!) So, I have never been to California but I feel like this may be a San Diego!?!? It has high end shopping and very beautiful hotels. On to Juan Les Pins which I feel is the most elite of all the cities. It has a gorgeous beach and EXPENSIVE restaurants. If this town were to speak it would say, "I'm better than all the rest of you and guess what I am stuck up because I know that most French people vacation here." Juan Les Pins is the LA of the states (except a whole lot smaller!) The other major highlights would be NUTELLA crepes, gelato, class because I'm learning a lot from Dr. Reichart and Dr. Kohn, language barrier (wish I had taken some French!), scuba diving with Dr. Reichart, Anna, Hailee, Paige, and Emily. And the best part of it all is that we haven't even started the Advertising Festival yet. We have the most incredible opportunity before us and I plan to take full advantage. Only two more days until the Festival!!

No comments:

Post a Comment